- Cushions & Throws
- Chairs & Stools
- Bags & Accessories
- Bed & Bath
- Garden & Outdoor
- Kitchen & Dining
This February 9th, aka ‘Pancake Day’ is a bit more special for us because we will celebrate it with our own Ragged Rose Pancake Day Recipe.
Gold lemon for the rose, violet lavender for the leaves and creamy almonds for the background. Inspired by the colours of our Betty Gold Apron, Bryony Bowie, from Bryony’s Kitchen has created this delicious Lemon, Lavender & Almond Pancake Recipe for something unique this Shrove Tuesday.
This easy to follow, vegetarian pancake recipe, is outlined below. So get all your baking ingredients together for a ‘Fragrant’ ‘Golden’ & ‘Nutty’ Pancake Day …
Lemon, Lavender & Almond Pancakes – inspired by the Golden Ragged Rose print..
Recipe and photographs by Bryony Bowie
Ingredients (makes 10-12):
– 75g self-raising flour
– 50g ground almonds
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 50g lavender sugar
– zest 1 lemon
– 125ml almond milk (or semi-skimmed if you prefer)
– 1 egg
– 2 tbsp melted butter
– butter or coconut oil, to fry
– honey and flaked almonds, to serve
1. Stir the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Slowly beat in the milk, egg and melted butter to form a smooth, thick batter.
2. Heat a large frying pan on a low heat, then add a small knob of butter or coconut oil. Spoon heaped tablespoons of your batter into the pan, making sure that there’s enough room so they don’t touch.
3. After a minute or so lots of little bubbles will form: this means the pancakes are ready to be flipped. Use a spatula to turn them, then cook for a further minute before transferring to a plate. Cover with foil to help keep them warm while you make the rest of the pancakes.
4. Serve with a drizzle of honey and a sprinkling of flaked almonds.
We hope you like it as much as we do and don’t forget to tell us how it goes.